I got a lot done today waiting for my kids to perform at their school’s Rock Fest. Here’s the list:
- Called the White House (202)-456-1111 to register concern over the “ramping” up of ICE’s powers and the broadening of their deportation mandate (which, I argued, will actually make the country less secure by removing the imperative to prioritize, say, someone with a drug felony charge over, say, a child in the local elementary school).
- Called Judy Chu, Dianne Feinstein, and Kamala Harris to state my support of the NEA and the NEH.
- Called the Governor of North Dakota, Doug Burgum, to ask him to veto two House Bills that would suppress protest by imposing extreme fines and criminalize the wearing of masks to protect oneself from tear gas. Check out the ACLU’s action here.
- Called Jerry Brown to express my concern over Scott Pruitt’s appointment and to encourage him to continue making California a global leader in the fight against climate change, and to encourage him to pursue a revenue-neutral carbon fee.
- Sent a thank-you card to CNN’s Dan Lemon to applaud his cutting short an interview with Paris Dennard when Dennard would not stop dismissing the story (of Trump’s airing of high-security documents at Mar-a-Lago) as “fake news.” Check it here. If you want to do the same, he can be reached c/o CNN, 10 Columbus Circle, NY, NY 10019.
- Emailed a thank-you Kamala Harris for standing up for immigrants, and to Elizabeth Warren and Katherine Clark for introducing the Presidential Conflicts of Interest Bill. Kamala Harris: Email or mail: 312 N. Spring St. Suite 1748, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Elizabeth Warren: Email or mail: 2400 JFK Federal Building, 15 New Sudbury St., Boston, MA 02203. Katherine Clark: Email or mail: 701 Concord Ave., Suite 101, Cambridge, MA 02138.